So close to a whole year! Only one month to go. I switched to my iPhone versus my iPad since my iPad apps keep crashing and it is much easier to manage since my photos are also on my iPhone. My Project Life definitely suffered this year though and I like the end result of Project Life better, so I’m not sure what to do next year. Ideas?
Started something new…
Shocking it is a cowl. I’m using the Millwater pattern, Spud and Chloe yarn, and the Counter Man App.
It is cracking me up because its default is to count cars in two colors. My nephew loves cars and lining them up in matching colors so I left it that way even though it makes no sense for knitting.
Happy Mothers Day, Mom! I know it is technically your birthday but I just finished your Mother’s Day gift that you saw as yarn last Thanksgiving. Oops, sorry for the delay.
It is now a full scarf with tassels and everything. I just need to block it so that it can lay flat and stop curling and then it can keep your neck warm – just in time for winter.
I used Purl Bee’s Grecian Rib Scarf tutorial and Madeline Tosh’s DK weight yarn in Vermillion. I like how squishy the yarn and pattern make this scarf. I didn’t like how little the needles were (size 5) which made it feel like I was getting no where on this project.
I hope you enjoy it, Mom. Happy Mother’s Day and Happy Birthday (although you get that present when I see you later this week).
A little heavy on the dog pictures this month when you look at it all together. I just can’t help it.
I finally finished my next cowl. This was my travel project from the summer and it suffered from having my needles cut in international security so it was exciting to finish this cowl up, especially now that it is fall and time to wear it.
I used Shibui’s Gradient pattern available online here.
I debated on the order of the colors the whole time I was making this cowl and like the way it came out. One of the first steps of making the cowl is to wind the yarn into three equal sized balls. I don’t know that I spent enough time on that step hence the different sized stripes.
I like the random sizes, but it was not super fun wondering how much yarn I would have for each section. Oh well. All done now.
I feel like I was lazy this month, but really what I have noticed is when I have more due dates at work I am less motivated to finish projects at home. Oh well.
Happy October everyone!
August was a fun month (there was not a lot of working going on) so I feel relaxed when I look at these pictures. I also feel like I got a lot done looking at these pictures which sometimes I forget in real life when I’m thinking about all the items I did not complete.
Happy (almost) Fall!
I was very excited to make a baby quilt for a friend of mine who is having a baby boy (her shower is today! and I have been waiting to share for what feels like so long). She decided to decorate her nursery with orange and aqua so I started there with my fabric search and ended up selecting a Fabricworm bundle of Jay Cyn organic fabrics that mixed the woodland creatures and chevrons in orange, aqua, and other pretty soft shades. The fabric felt soothing and cute – perfect. It took me a while to figure out the pattern I wanted to use to showcase some of the cute fabrics and ultimately I ended up a square in a square.
I thought I was going to make each square the same so I started with the white border, but then I didn’t do that. I didn’t have a plan then, but just kept laying out all the squares on my bed and moving them around as I went.
I was aiming to separate the outer patterns so that two bark fabrics were not next to each other, but also alternate the inside squares so two elk centers were not next to each other. I think I was successful.
I backed with Minky Dot in yellow and then quilted a grid around the squares with white, orange, and blue thread. That was not my favorite with the Minky, but it went a little faster than expected – bonus.
I just love the final product! I hope Kate, Steve, and baby do, too.
It doesn’t scream orange/aqua but it will complement everything (hopefully) really well and bonus it is super cuddly thanks to the Minky backing.
Happy Labor Day weekend!
Not much crafting can be done as of now for the wedding, but I had to do something so I made cute cards for my bridal party asking them to “bee” in my wedding.
I used the Rhonna Designs app on my phone to make the front and back of the card.
Everyone got the same front
I made this one using the “mask” feature so that you can have the overlay in front of the picture. Then I added a test box over that for the “will you?”
I made two backs. One for maid of honor
and one for bridesmaid
I started with a background and added the love stamp. Then, I added each line of the text as a separate text box so I could change the font and color, re-size, and move the text box around. Then I added the bee from the images that came with the app.
I printed the “pictures” on card stock and used washi tape to attach it to a more colorful piece of card stock. Then I tied the card to their gift (it was a bee necklace) and I was ready to go.
I also printed a quick ringer bearer card to go with the bear I got for my two year old nephew from Wedding Chicks’s free printables.
Although he is a little young for a card and just threw that so he could go show his bear to his mommy.
I’m a little late in the posting but better late than never. On July 30th, this project was completed.
Then, on July 31 Alana came into the world. Good timing baby girl. Well I hope Alana and her family are enjoying their new quilt and time together.