Knitting Fails

My sister-in-law mentioned to me that my mom wanted a new winter hat and I didn’t think I would have time to do anything with that gift idea so I didn’t take it. Come December 21 and I thought I would give it a go. I had Berroco Flicker in Odile (brown) that I thought she would like and the Techno Hat pattern downloaded and ready. I had failed to increase the brim size before so I thought I would just follow the pattern as it was written. I knitted for a night and a morning and was thrilled to be finishing up. Although as I tied in the last tail, I realized there was no way that hat was stretching for an adult sized head. It was for an infant. Good thing I know this cutie pie.

20131229-201854.jpg

Now it is Sunday afternoon and I won’t see my mom for Christmas until December 27 so I still thought I had time. I didn’t have enough of the Odile left but I had thrown in an older pink color way that I had just in case so I thought I would just make a pink hat with a brown stripe. This times measured my head because I thought the brim was the problem, and did some math to figure out how many stitches to cast on. I was off. I tripled the last rib section and started the crown. Again as I was weaving in my ends of a finished hat I thought this looks short, and I had indeed made a skull cap or hat for a five your old child with a wide head.

20131229-201925.jpg

20131229-201936.jpg

Hats are not my thing. I should stick to cowls – like this finished Millwater Cowl, which was not a knitting fail. Yay!

20131229-201828.jpg

20131229-201841.jpg

Christin

This entry was posted in Knitting and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Knitting Fails

  1. Laura says:

    Yarmulkas for everyone! Love the Lucie-sized hat!

  2. Colleen says:

    The hat saga is so funny. But the cowl is pretty!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>